My sister Lourdes Morales sent me these “Momisms” to share with you all:
Mom-ism (noun) – excessive protection; over shielding
We’ve all experienced the power of the ancient method of communication called… Momism! We’ve heard our mom use it, and we are probably using it ourselves. Even though there are many, I am just including 20 for our toolkit.
- Close the door! You don’t live in a barn.
- Do you think I’m made of money?
- Don’t make me get up!
- Don’t sit too close to the television; it’ll ruin your eyes.
- I brought you into this world, and I can take you right back out!
- I hope someday you have children just like you.
- If God had wanted you to have holes in your nose He would have put them there!
- This hurts me more than it hurts you.
- I’d explain it to you, but your brain would explode.
- Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.
- “Don’t swallow that gum – it will stay in your stomach for seven years!”
- Don’t ask me WHY. The answer is NO.
- Don’t make me come in there!
- I don’t buy snacks to feed the neighborhood!
- I hope you don’t kiss me with that mouth!
- If I’ve told you once … I’ve told you a thousand times.
- If you don’t stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about!
- I’m going to give you until the count of three…
- No, I don’t know where your socks are, it’s not my day to watch them!
- Why? Because I SAID so, that’s why!